On November 12, 2013, the National Security Law Journal hosted Blinking Red: Crisis and Compromise in American Intelligence After 9/11, a conversation with author Michael Allen on his new book, with a panel discussion featuring General Michael V. Hayden (Ret.) and Mr. Chuck Alsup. Watch now:
About the Panelists
- J. Michael Allen is the author of Blinking Red: Crisis and Compromise in American Intelligence After 9/11, the former Staff Director of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, and former Senior Director for Counterproliferation Policy at the National Security Council.
- Gen. Michael V. Hayden (Ret.) is the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, and former Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence. He is now a Distinguished Visiting Professor at George Mason University School of Public Policy.
- Mr. Chuck Alsup is the former Associate Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Policy, Plans, and Requirements and former Professional Staff Member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Presented in partnership with the Homeland and National Security Law Program at George Mason University School of Law, the Biodefense Program at George Mason University, the Intelligence and National Security Alliance, and George Mason University School of Public Policy.
- Video from Drone Wars: Challenges and Solutions, a panel discussion on a framework for the use of unmanned aerial vehicles under the law of armed conflict
- Symbolism and Security: The Politics of Post-9/11 Intelligence Reform, a book review of Blinking Red in our upcoming issue… coming soon!